Sunday, April 19, 2009

I hate this sippy cup

I hate this Nuby sippy cup.

Okay, fine, there are a few things I like about it. It's made from silicone and safer #5 plastic and is a decent 10 oz. size. And it's got a nice one-piece valve system. Those features are why I bought it in the first place.

But none of that really matters because it's so damn hard to get the thing put together. First, the spout and handles are all one piece. Because the handles go so low on the body, you have to sort of hold the cup on the bottom inch with the fingertips of one hand while you screw on the lid with the other. Not ideal. Second, if you screw the top on too tightly, the spout piece starts to twist around, so that it's no longer centered between the handles. But if you screw it on at all loosely or crooked, it leaks. So every time you fill it up you go through this ridiculous effort of trying to screw it on juuuust right. And then half of the time it leaks anyway. What a waste.

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but a sippy cup shouldn't require advanced instructions. There are better options out there. Save your money.

1 comments:

Megan April 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM  

I had the exact same problem with this. I couldn't figure out who would actually be able to make it work properly.

Post a Comment

Blogger template adapted from 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com